- Standard Capacities from 200 gph to 5,000 gph
- Custom Capacities to 20,000+ gph
- For Propane, Butane, and other LPG
- Shell-and-Tube Heat Exchanger
- ASME "U"-stamped
- Ex-proof Class I, Div 1, Group D
- Small Footprint, High Efficiency
- PLC Controls with First-Out Monitor (Alarm History)
- Local Start/Stop Station
- Dual Liquid Carryover Protection with "Smart" Liquid Carryover and Ultrasonic Liquid Level Control
- UL stamped external Relief Valve
- All-welded Liquid Inlet Assembly
- Flanged Steam Inlet
- Electronic Steam Flow Control Valve with pneumatic positioner
- Steam Back Check
- Steam Trap in condensate return
- Electronic Operator Interface with high-resolution color LCD Touch-Screen Display; Alarm History; trend recording; VNC server for remote monitoring and control.
- Option: Skid Mounting
- Option: Integration with LPG/Air Mixers for Standby Systems and Peak Shaving Systems
- Option: High Pressure to 400+ psi
Alternate Energy Systems offers a complete line of Vertical Steam Vaporizers (VSV) in standard capacities from 200 gallons per hour to 5,000 gallons per hour. Higher capacities are available upon request.
The steam tube is of multi-pass design to maximize heat transfer to the liquid LPG on the shell side. The tube bundle and all propane piping conform to Section VIII, Division I of the latest edition of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code. The pressure vessel carries the ASME "U" stamp and is National Board registered.
VSV vaporizers in standard configuration include an electronic steam flow control valve with pneumatic positioner; dual liquid carryover protection through ultrasonic liquid level detection in the pressure vessel, and "smart" liquid carryover protection with pressure and temperature transmitters in the vapor outlet; liquid inlet safety valve; steam trap; and steam back check valve. Temperature gauges in steam inlet and outlet, and in pressure vessel shell and vapor outlet are standard.
Vaporizer design, wiring, controls, and electrical components and their installation comply with the latest editions of NFPA #58 and NFPA #70. All electrical components on the vaporizer comply with Class I, Div 1, Group D.
All safety devices of the vaporizer, including the dual liquid carryover protection, are monitored by a programmable logic controller (Siemens or Allen-Bradley standard), which is connected to an electronic operator interface with high-resolution color LCD touch-screen. The operator interface provides start/stop control for the vaporizer; it displays the system status, and any failure conditions that may occur, in plain English (with date/time stamp). The electrical enclosure for the PLC and the operator interface are to be installed in a remote, non-classified location.
A small explosion-proof enclosure at the vaporizer provides local start/stop and alarm reset functions through illuminated push-buttons.
The electronic operator interface also provides graphic TrendLine recording, Alarm History, and built-in VNC server for remote monitoring and control of all vaporizer function via the built-in Ethernet interface.
The steam consumption of VSV Steam Vaporizers is proportional to the actual vaporization rate. As a "rule of thumb", 1 lb. of steam is required for each gallon of liquid LPG (1 kg of steam for 4 kg of liquid LPG).
|Nominal Capacity||Steam Consumption
(max 400°F / 204°C)
L x W x H
inches / m
|gph||MMBTU/h||kg/h||MW||lbs/h||kg/h||lb / kg|
|VSV- 200||200||18||400||5.4||200||91||600 / 275||18" x 25" x 88"
0.45m x 0.65m x 2.24m
|VSV- 400||400||37||800||11||400||181||770 / 350|
|VSV- 600||600||55||1200||16||600||272||1060 / 480|
|VSV- 800||800||74||1600||22||800||363||1150 / 520|
|VSV-1000||1000||92||2000||27||1000||454||1570 / 715||27" x 37" x 94"
0.6m x 0.95m x 2.40 m
|VSV-1500||1500||138||3000||40||1500||680||1880 / 855|
|VSV-2000||2000||184||4000||54||2000||907||2350 / 1065||34" x 43" x 103"
0.9m x 1.10m x 2.65m
|VSV-2500||2500||230||5000||67||2500||1134||2520 / 1145|
|VSV-3000||3000||276||6000||81||3000||1361||2910 / 1320|